DIY Doctor

Thermostatic Shower Either Cold or hot Only

Postby Martin1968 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:10 pm

I’m new to the forum and desperately need advice please.

I’ve recently fitted a thermostatic shower in a new en-suite. This is fed by a 4bar pump which also feeds an existing bathroom with a thermostatic shower. We never run both showers at once to be honest.

My issue is the new en-suite shower either runs freezing cold or boiling hot. If I turn the thermostatic valve in very small amounts it starts to get warm, the thermostatic valve then makes a funny noise. When I then turn it a small amount again, it goes to boiling hot.

I have checked the hot water is feeding the correct feed and cleaned the filters for both the hot and cold. The supplier has also sent me a new thermostatic valve which I’ve fitted with no difference.

The feed does go from 20mm from the pump to 15mm pipe just before the valve. The hot is from the gravity tank in the cupboard and the cold comes from a tank in the roof. Both go through the pump.

The fitting instructions say that I can turn the thermostatic valve around, but I can’t see what they mean as it only screws in one way.

I’m lost to what else to try! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Martin1968
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby Martin1968 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:09 pm

Sorry, the cold is fed by the mains, not a tank in the roof.
Martin1968
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!