Three Lights One Room
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tree
Labourer
Labourer

Three Lights One Room

by tree » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:32 am

Hello I hope some one can help me with this.
I have a bedroom that I want to wire 2 wall lights with their own switch each to turn on & off individually. Also as you enter the room a Double switch that one operates the roof light as normal & side two operates both wall lights on & off.
I have done a very basic diagram of what I would like.
[url]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8448/lightaz7.gif[/url]

If some one can point me in the right direction as to how I would wire this concoction I would be over the moon.
Thank You.

ericmark

by ericmark » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:59 pm

I have something similar with a triple two way switch block at the door and a double two way switch one side of the bed and double intermediate the other side of bed. This allows all lights to be controlled at the door and main light and one bed light at each side of the bed. The only deviation from std wiring diagram is one bedside light has a intermediate switch wired as two way.
I can't see a way to have a single switch control both bed head lights in a two way manor at the door and individual switches controlling them at the bed head.
On my web page http://www.ericpalmer.fsnet.co.uk/Lighting.html you will find a number of two way wiring diagrams also more info in projects section.
Wiring can be reduced by using common live to the switch but I would not recommend this for a beginner.
Eric

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:34 pm

Hi, don't think you can do this with normal switches unless you go for a 3 gang switch at the door and wire as 2 normal 2 way circuits for wall lights plus one 1 way for centre light,
regards SPARX

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:37 am