three lights one switch
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lawrencebentley
Labourer
Labourer

three lights one switch

by lawrencebentley » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:31 pm

we have just bought three lights for our bathroom and a new pullswitch after realising the lighting allready intstalled was a botched job i was wondering how do I wire the three lights to the one pull cord i have Live neutral and live wired in to the switch (earth is not used, live is in the load and neutral is in theonly other connection) how to i connect these to all three switches with out blowing a fuse,?

stanley
Apprentice
Apprentice

3 lights

by stanley » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:46 pm

i assume when you said you have a live neutrel this should of been id sleeved as a switch wire, my immediate thought would be to then strap your first light across to the other two , the 3 lights would come on with the pull cord

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:02 pm

See the electrical projects in the projects section of the webiste Lawrence, there is one about replacing a light fitting which will show you how to do this and also show you why one of the switch wires is black but is also live.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:35 pm

MANY OF THE ANSWERS TO YOUR POSTS CAN BE FOUND, WITH DIAGRAMS, IN THE DIYDOCTOR PROJECTS SECTION. CLICK HERE www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:50 am