DIY Doctor

Tidying up around holes

Postby RoyG » Thu May 15, 2008 3:14 pm

The 15mm pipes to my shower come through the bathroom ceiling. It looks a but untidy. I'm sure I've seen or heard of something looking like a sort of top hat that fits round the pipes and pushes into the hole to neaten it up but I can't find anything. Perhaps I'm not looking under the right name. I've tried "pipe trim" but that doesn't work.

What would I ask for, and where?
Rank: Tradesman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:58 pm


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Thu May 15, 2008 8:07 pm

You could use 15mm pipe covers that are used for radiator pipes coming through laminate flooring, you can get chrome ones from wickes for £2ish, they should stay in place, if not - nothing abit silicone wont solve.

htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics