Tinkering with the Boiler After Puncturing Gas Pipe and now High Pressure
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

Mavs801
Labourer
Labourer

Tinkering with the Boiler After Puncturing Gas Pipe and now High Pressure

by Mavs801 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:12 pm

I recently renovating my house and inadvertently put a nail in a gas pipe! My gas man very kindly fixed the problem and afterwards he told me to start up my boiler and run the water and it would kick in.....this didn't work as first and I tried turning the taps underneath the boiler in case these controlled the gas.....I now know that these control the water, obviously!!!!

Any ways, the plumber instructed me to use a screwdriver go open the gas inlet as this had been turned off to test for gas levels.

My problem now is...my boiler pressure is high, around 2-2.5bar , and I know this should be only on 1. So how do I reduce it? Do I need to drain the system? How easy is this to do, and how do I do it? When I've goggled it, there's fixes for increasing pressure, or if the boiler is increasing its pressure suggesting a part replacement, but I think in this case I have done it by fiddling with the inlet taps?

Any advice greatly appreciated. Though I'd ask her before bothering my plumber again and he shouts at me!!

It's a Worcester boiler btw.

Cheers!

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:54 am