Tips on how to Batten off Internal Vaulted Ceilings and Timber Walls
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
conradkr
Labourer
Labourer

Tips on how to Batten off Internal Vaulted Ceilings and Timber Walls

Post by conradkr » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:41 am

Hi All

I am busy insulating a 100 square metre room with vaulted ceilings. The roof has four diffreent pitches of roof (neighbours objected to planning in a BIG way - so we had to go this route).

I am due to complete insulation this week and now need advise on the easiest way to batten off the internal roof trusses to prep them for plasterboarding (which i am also doing!).

SPEC OF THE PROJECT :
    Timber frame
    100 sq metre open plan room
    Vaulted ceilings with 4 different pitches
    Architect & structural engineer : specified 50x50 timber battens & all other specs used.

WALLS :

Timber frame (height 226)
insulation
To then be covered with 9mm OSB
Battened off with 50x50 timber battens to create service void
12.5mm Plasterboard to finish[/list]

ROOF
Insulation
50x50 battens to compress the h control insulation and create service void

Now the bit i need help with: i need to know the easiest and quickest way to batten off these walls and roof. I have never done it before and want to ensure i do this correctly and in the most efficient way possible

I have attached pictures and noted how i think i need to do this - any advice is much appreciated ! Wall battens shown in red, roof battens shown in yellow and plasterboard shown in green

DIY WALLS with battens.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:36 am