to fit a in radiator in loft conversion
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mdw
Labourer
Labourer

to fit a in radiator in loft conversion

by mdw » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:34 pm

I want to put radiator in loft conversion cold water tank as high as poss F and e tank below radiator top above level of tank no room to move f and e up any higher due to water tkn above. Can i take f and e tank out and put a expassion vessal in to circuit have a baxi back boiler with pump. Hot water heated by gravity on a vented hot water cylinder indirect.no 2 or 3 way valves in system.would this allow me to fit the rediator and a towel radiator in shower room. have electric heaters at moment.or is there an esier way to do this.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:43 am

"Can i take f and e tank out and put a expansion vessel in?" Maybe, but most probably not. You would need to consult an engineer.

You don't give any heights of your existing system? I have fixed rads working before that are near the height of the header tank, but it depends on how your system is designed.

mdw
Labourer
Labourer

by mdw » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:17 pm

[quote="plumbbob"]"Can i take f and e tank out and put a expansion vessel in?" Maybe, but most probably not. You would need to consult an engineer.

You don't give any heights of your existing system? I have fixed rads working before that are near the height of the header tank, but it depends on how your system is designed.[/quote]

sorry about that there are radiators in the bed rooms below about 2.5m below f and e tkn loft rad in let and out is about 50mm above f and e tank out let the top of the rad is about 150mm above tank water level.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:21 pm