DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Toilet ballcock/float arm damaged, options please ?

Postby dsmithsw4 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:42 pm

The plastic arm which runs from the water inlet point (side entry) to my toilet ballcock float is damaged . The toilet is quite old (at least 10 years). I have removed the arm along with the ballcock on one end and the inlet valve at the other and have been wandering around DIY shops and plumbers merchants asking for something similar but have given up. The whole thing is plastic and the entry hole is 1" across. Does anyone have any ideas either about sourcing the arm or the minimal amount of work I should do? I'm sure a plumber would charge a fortune for what in principle is a simple job.

Dave Smith, London SW4.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:27 pm


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:24 pm

htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics