DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Toilet Cistern Lever for Twyfords Jupiter toilet

Postby adina66 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:18 pm

Hi All, the toilet lever on my Twyfords Jupiter toilet has broken. It looks like its been eaten away by limescale.
It's a one piece side fitting lever and pivots on a plastic fulcrum bolted to the inside of the cistern.
I have bought a replacement lever, originals are no longer available, which looks like it should do the job. But I have a problem. The original bolt which passes through from the outside of the cistern is too short to be bolted to the new lever. Also, I cannot remove the old bolt. It might have been put in with some tile cement or other bonding agent.
Any ideas on how to get that bolt out. I haven' t tried a hammer or mole grips yet for fear of cracking/breaking the system.
Thanks, Adina.
adina66
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:09 pm

Hi adina66
Try using a hot air gun to soften the glue.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!