toilet not flushing.
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
safetyman
Labourer
Labourer

toilet not flushing.

by safetyman » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:38 pm

Help please, after looking at the responses to earlier problems of toilet flushing i identified that i needed a new syphon which i duly bought and fitted (close coupled) however after a number of hours of frustration and attaching the handle levers and hook in various positions i am still unable to flush the toilet properly some times it takes two flushes others theree or four, i have checked the stop cock valve and all is ok. if i pull the syphon hook up directly by hand hard then it flushes first time. The water level in the toilet comes to the same level as previous when refilling. i do not have any leaks the unit is a 9.5 inch high syphon from B&Q. i have looked closely at the unit and can not see anytthing faulty with it.
Advise greatly appreciated.
Thanks. :cry:

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:10 pm

water level.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:35 pm

Can you shorten the hook - as it works everytime by hand - maybe the handle is not lifting it up enough to flush ? any movement on handle that could prevent it from working everytime ?

htg

safetyman
Labourer
Labourer

toilet not flushing.

by safetyman » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:45 am

Water level has been tried at same level and higher than before. Tried shortnening the hook did not make any difference, however i have noticed that sometimes the handle does not come back on its own on other times it is slow to come back up so i shall play about with the combination of positions on the plastic lever again to see if that makesa difference, thaks for the response.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:43 pm