Toilet problem - Torbeck Valve in tank
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wazza
Labourer
Labourer

Toilet problem - Torbeck Valve in tank

by wazza » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:43 pm

I live in a hard water area. About 6 years ago i had a new bathroom suite fitted. The toilet system uses a bottom entry Torbeck valve.

A few years back the valve would not shut off therefore the tank was overfilling. I had a new Torbeck valve fitted. Now the same problem has returned. The tank is slowly overfilling. When i shut off the water supply the overfilling stops. This narrow it down to the Torbeck valve.

I have done a search on the internet and found it is a common problem. Something to do with dirt in the seal. Have read somewhere that it is recommended to swap it for something called Fluidmaster. Is this possible?

http://www.awin1.com/pclick.php?p=20728 ... 071&m=1228

Thanks in advance to those who replied.

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

by bobplum » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:35 pm

in a word yes
instead of havinga arm with a float on the end,the fluid master as the float sliding up and down on the central column
bob

wazza
Labourer
Labourer

by wazza » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:37 pm

Is this more reliable?

the person who recommended fluidmaster was just a DIYer and not a professional. Was wondering if this is what the professionals recommend?

I won't have the same problem again will ?

carnbrea
Labourer
Labourer

by carnbrea » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:32 pm

I have one installed at home and it's been trouble free for 14 years.
I also work in a Plumbers Merchants and have sold quite a few Fluidmaster ballvalves over the years and can't recall anyone having any problems.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:09 pm