TOILET SEAT
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Davie-boy
Labourer
Labourer

TOILET SEAT

by Davie-boy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:01 am

After many attempts to resolve a sliding seat including 3 replacements i am still having to repeatedly re-attach the seat to a fixed position. I have tried an extra washer at 1 side to no avail. The current seat is a £40 best quality i could find and it is also moving now after a reasonable run of about 4 months in place. Could it be the design of the WC? I have had the same WC for 6 years & always had a seat that inevitably ends up slipping about.
any help in this matter?

louise1968
Labourer
Labourer

by louise1968 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:04 am

im having the same problem...put new hinges on also... same thing happening....... but dont think its my wc... same thing happened with old one too.... i know wat they say about quality... but seat cost...20 and new hinges 8 pounds... so its mounting up... my last seat cost only 8 pounds from b and q..and never moved once.. been told to try ..locktite thread lock...because bolts are moving causing whole thing to loosen....

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

TOILET SEAT

by DONFRAMAC » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:06 am

After replacing many hinge-block & gasket sets, I went to a major plumbing supplies outlet, and came away with a pair of chrome-steel elbow-fittings, and plastic wing-nuts for below. These replace the end-blocks, gaskets, and hinge-rods. That was about 4 years ago, and the seat has given no trouble since. Cost less than 20 fags.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:02 am