TOILET SEATS
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
KELLYLPOOL
Labourer
Labourer

TOILET SEATS

Post by KELLYLPOOL » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:09 pm

I've had a new bathroom last September. I had a back to wall wc fitted which is all sealed. My problem is that the toilet seat has broken. I can't seem to source the original toilet seat.

But I've located a very close match from b&q. The seat was displayed on back to wall wc and I asked if the seat could be fitted without pulling out the wc. I was advised by the sales girl that she would imagine so. However, the instructions diagram seems to say otherwise.

Are there any seats out there, fixings that would allow to fit a toilet seat on the wc without having to pull the whole wc out????

Any advise welcomed pls, Kelly

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Thu May 01, 2008 11:02 am

This is a function of the pan not the seat.

You have one of those annoying pans which if it doesn't have captive nuts inside to fit a new seat then yes - you'll have to pull it away from the wall.

What make is it?

Have you tried talking to the fitter that installed it? Didi he supply it? In which case he should know the make and model.

You've also discovered that the average advisor in the shdes hasn't got the faintest clue!

Cheers

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by chris_on_tour2002 » Fri May 02, 2008 3:36 pm

there is a fixing that you can get that will not require you to remove the toilet. its a soft rubber with a screw and grommet inside. when you tighten the screw from above the rubber expands under the pan to give. problem is i don't think that you can buy them separately, they usually come with the seat.

don't usually recommend bathstore but they definitely have a range of seats with this type of fixing, designed specifically for designer toilets where there is no access at all to the underside. the holes in the pan are usually standard so you should be able to make it work for your pan.

TerryH
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TerryH » Fri May 02, 2008 4:13 pm

I've fitted new wc pans from Bathstore and they have two holes at the back of the pan. Their fixing method is achieved by pluging these holes with an expanding nylon plug that secures the seat.
Might be worth a try!
TH

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Fri May 02, 2008 11:39 pm

except they won't sell 'm separately. I've tried.

Cheers

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by chris_on_tour2002 » Sun May 11, 2008 6:46 pm

not even if you buy them with the toilet seat? might be worth paying a little extra (not that anything costs 'little' in bathstore!) and they sell the seats separately.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:37 pm