Told I need bifold doors treatment - a con?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dylant
Apprentice
Apprentice

Told I need bifold doors treatment - a con?

by dylant » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:18 pm

Hi all - I am currently trying to buy some aluminum bifold doors for a self-managed kitchen extension build; got a fair few quotes and went to purchase with one company who have now asked me if I live within 5 miles of the ocean (I technically) do so I said yes. They now are saying they have to apply a marine coating to my doors to protect against the salt which is an extra fee and said that without it they would corrode and the warranty wouldn't apply. I'm trying to work out if this is a con or not, so am reserving judgement till hopefully some helpful people can give me their thoughts. I see bifolds all the time on the coast, so do I assume they all have this coating? I'm about 1km from a tidal estuary (its not very exposed as its a built up area) but realistically about 12km before that estuary hits the ocean itself.

Many thanks!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Told I need bifold doors treatment - a con?

by stoneyboy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:35 pm

Hi dylant
Suggest you contact your second choice supplier and see if they tell you the same story.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:04 pm