Too many boiler connections...
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fishkake
Labourer
Labourer

Too many boiler connections...

by fishkake » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Hi there. Sorry if I'm asking something thats been asked over and again, but every single picture I can find of a central heating schematic features a boiler with one hot pipe coming out of it. My boiler has 4 connections (one being the cold mains) - I've tracked down where most of my pipes go but I can't find the two missing ones!

A quick MS Paint version is here, if anyone can help me out with which numbers are connected to which and where the missing pipes go, I'd appreciate it. The slanted things in the tank are the ballcocks, the curved pipes are the hanging overflow-style pipes over the two tanks.

I know I haven't included radiators, but my understanding was that they ran off the same circuit as the coil.

Someone along the way has butchered my image, the thing that loks like a G is a 6, the small tank should have four sides (!), also the blue square is the mains.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:20 pm

fishkake,
Since you have a tank fed hot water system it is unlikely that there is a mains feed into the boiler.
The two lower pipes into the boiler will be the return from the radiator system and return from the HWC.
The two upper pipes out of the boiler will be a gravity feed to the HWC and a feed to the radiator system.
end

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:09 pm

Google for Honeywell Sundial C Plan.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1