Tool for cutting cardboard boxes
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

davy_fulla
Labourer
Labourer

Tool for cutting cardboard boxes

by davy_fulla » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:54 pm

Hi, I was wondering whether anyone can recommend a tool for what I need or even whether there is such a thing.

I work in a wine shop and have to cut lots of boxes of wine everyday. These cardboard boxes hold 6 bottles of wine and measure approx 40cm tall x 30cm x 20cm (2mm-3mm thick). For display purposes the box is cut with a stanley knife around its full circumference at a height of about 30cm from the base. The boxes are then displayed with the tops of the bottles exposed to the customers.

The problem is that it is sometimes difficult and awkward to get a straight cut (especially when busy) and so the display does not always look as good as it could do.

I am wondering whether there is any sort of simple hand tool that would allow me to quickly and accurately cut around the circumference of these boxes. I am imagining some sort of wooden block with a stanley knife blade protruding that could be 'drawn' alongside the box and make a clean cut in one stroke. Any suggestions welcome!

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:22 pm