DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Top Fill Radiators???

Postby neilshields » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:14 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at moving to a vertical radiator in the lounge and at the mo the pipes come down the wall (surface) where the rad is going to be. It is possible to have the fill and return of for the rad going into the top (where you would have the bleed valve and bung) to get rid of unsightly pipe work or would this cause some wierd problems with a cold bottom of the rad? l


Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:08 pm


Simply Build It

Postby The Heating Doctor » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:44 pm

In my experiance no, some radiators can have the flow to the top, but the return from the bottom on the other side, known as TBOE.
The Heating Doctor
Rank: Foreman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:49 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics