Torbeck Valves under pressure
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
baggers
Labourer
Labourer

Torbeck Valves under pressure

by baggers » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:51 am

I have three push button (vari-flow) toilets installed about 2 years ago. At the same time we had installed a stuart turner monsoon pump which pumps both hot and cold water around the house. Accordingly, when the toilets are flushed and the tank refills the pump kicks in and the tank refills under the pressure provided by the pump. My problem is that one by one the valve on each of the three toilets has failed so that it now does not shut off the cold water supply when the tank refills. I would imagine that this is as a result of the torbeck(?) valves failing and needing to be replaced. Can I get a torbeck valve that will operate under the level of water pressure supplied by the pump? Not having the pump is not an option as the water pressure accross the house without it is nonexistent. Can anyone help? :?:

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:36 pm

The pump should work ok with the torbeck valves. Indeed the water pressure supplied by the pump would be lower than that supplied by a normal water authority main so I am surprised you have experienced any problems.

Has any of the valves been examined to determine why they have failed?

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

by bobplum » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:32 pm

inside the inlet pipe you would normally place a diffuser to slow the water down, are they in place they normally come with the valves
bob

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:06 am