Torbeck Valves under pressure
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
baggers
Labourer
Labourer

Torbeck Valves under pressure

by baggers » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:51 am

I have three push button (vari-flow) toilets installed about 2 years ago. At the same time we had installed a stuart turner monsoon pump which pumps both hot and cold water around the house. Accordingly, when the toilets are flushed and the tank refills the pump kicks in and the tank refills under the pressure provided by the pump. My problem is that one by one the valve on each of the three toilets has failed so that it now does not shut off the cold water supply when the tank refills. I would imagine that this is as a result of the torbeck(?) valves failing and needing to be replaced. Can I get a torbeck valve that will operate under the level of water pressure supplied by the pump? Not having the pump is not an option as the water pressure accross the house without it is nonexistent. Can anyone help? :?:

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

by bobplum » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:01 pm

inside the inlet tube should be a diffusser to slow down the pressure/flow of water thru the torbeck are they fitted if not when you replace make sure they are
if they are fitted the water flow from the pump may be to strong speak to the pump manufacterer and see if it is ok to fit a pressure reducing valve on the pipe work suppling the toilets
you could consider doing a pressure test on the individual pipe work to the toilets and see if it matches the requirements of the torbeck valve
bob

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 pm