DIY Doctor

Touch up newly skimmed walls

Postby alewater » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:36 pm

I recently had my hallway skimmed by a professional.

There are a few areas where it's not a flat as it could be and gaps around the door frame.

What's the best method/product to fill in these gaps/smoothing out?

Before you say "get the plaster back in", it took me months to get one to visit in the first place, everyone is working like crazy at the mo and it will be quicker for me to do it (I assume).

Many thanks in advance
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:28 pm


DIY asbestos test kits

Postby stoneyboy » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:51 pm

Hi alewater
Easiest to fill using a powder type filler - these are easy to sand.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4044
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics