Towel Rail Installation
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
GDS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Towel Rail Installation

by GDS » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:30 pm

Hi,

I am about to install a Hot Water Towel Rail supplied by a Pressurised GCH System (I Think - there is no DHW Cylander or F&E Tank and its in a first floor flat) Central Heating System heated by a Combi Boiler.

Firstly is it ok to drain this system once the boiler has been switched off electrically to commence work?

And if so, will I just top it up using the metal braid hose below the boiler (having added an inhibitor into one of the radiators) to take it back up to it's original pressure (approx 1 - 1.5 bar)?

Do I need to flush the whole system once I have fitted the Towel Rail or could I get away with this if I use Compression Fittings below the floorboard to connnect the Flow and Return so it looks better and I wont then have any Flux etc in the system from soldering capillary fittings.

I am a bit worried about potential swarf inside the towel rail from the manufacture process contaminating the existing CH System. Or is this an old wifes tale?

Many Thanks

Graham

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:35 am

Just for one radiator, you do not need to flush as the contaminant will be minimal.

GDS
Apprentice
Apprentice

by GDS » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:53 am

Thanks for your advice Marrtin

Graham

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1