Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
brucethebuilder
Labourer
Labourer

Towel Rails

by brucethebuilder » Mon May 11, 2009 8:53 pm

Hi,

I heard somewhere that metallic towel rails (e.g. stainless steel or chrome) are less energy efficient than white towel rails. Can anyone confirm if this is accurate?

steve the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Towel Rails

by steve the plumber » Wed May 13, 2009 9:36 pm

[quote="brucethebuilder"]Hi,

I heard somewhere that metallic towel rails (e.g. stainless steel or chrome) are less energy efficient than white towel rails. Can anyone confirm if this is accurate?[/quote]

Not heard that one, I have a chrome one and the in-laws have a white one. I think the chrome is far better than the white one, seems to heat up alot quicker and stay warmer longer.

donkey1
Labourer
Labourer

by donkey1 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Correct. For example, if you look in the Myson price list brochure for towel rads its says reduce the heat output for chrome rads by 35% from the figure shown in the brochure for a white rad

ianbcr
Apprentice
Apprentice

by ianbcr » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:35 pm

i need to change the open/close valve on my towel rail at the bottom,is this a complete drain down of the system?dont know about the heat Q but burnt my leg a few times on mine by the toilet in chrome. lol

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:56 pm

"i need to change the open/close valve on my towel rail at the bottom,is this a complete drain down of the system?"

No - just as far as the pipework just below the valve you want to change.

BTW this Q really should have had a new thread all to itself. Never mind!.

"dont know about the heat Q but burnt my leg a few times on mine by the toilet in chrome. lol"

Yes - very amusing I'm sure.

Cheers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 pm