DIY Doctor

Tree Felling

Postby NORMAN » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:15 am

Hello again all. I'm looking forward to re-hashing the back garden this summer with a giant problem hanging over the whole project. How easy is it to get the local council round to fell one hell of a big tree thats on public land? The tree itself is rooted 2ft from my fence however in the spring/summer months the canopy of it extends over the whole of my garden , blocking sunlight,dispensing sap and home to several pigeons.
Would I get away with a DIY job in the middle of the night?
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:16 am


Simply Build It

Postby 3magnet » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:11 am

Hi Norman,
Everey council will have a 'Landscape Officer' that deals with their councils' environmental/landscape issues. Phone your local council & speak to the person who would deal with this. He/she will assess the situation and tell you whether that particular tree has a TPO (Tree Protection Order) on it. This means that the tree is protected by law! Should you decide to do a night recce and fell parts of the tree & get caught doing so, you could find yourself on the wrong side of the law.
Rank: Tradesman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:38 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics