Triton T80 electric shower scalding hot
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
YMabDarogan
Labourer
Labourer

Triton T80 electric shower scalding hot

by YMabDarogan » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:37 pm

Hi all,

We've recently bought a house with a bathroom that was put in a few years. It's a Triton T80 electric shower and it works perfectly except we cannot adjust the temperature. It stays scalding hot so we cannot use it. The house does have another shower downstairs with an identical unit which works fine so I swapped them over. The unit from upstairs now works perfectly downstairs and the unit that previously worked fine downstairs is now doing the exact same thing upstairs... So we don't know why the shower water is so hot if it's nothing to do with the electric unit.

The pipes for this shower are buried in the wall but I did find plastic pipes running from the boiler, through the attic, to the shower. I haven't been able to find a stopcock located along these pipes yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Triton T80 electric shower scalding hot

by stoneyboy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:59 pm

Hi ymabdarogan
The most obvious reason is that there may not be sufficient flow upstairs but it is worrying that you think the supply is off the boiler. You need to check that hot water is not being supplied to the shower and that it is on cold mains feed.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:42 am