Trouble re-attaching back of kitchen cupboard
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
03carrd
Labourer
Labourer

Trouble re-attaching back of kitchen cupboard

by 03carrd » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:09 pm

Hi all

The back of one of my kitchen cupboards has detached and I am at a complete loss as to how to re-attach it.

This is a long kitchen cupboard (almost floor to ceiling) and it can only be accessed from the front - through the cupboard itself. To the right, there is a built in fridge/freezer which is attached to the wall, and to the left there is a built in microwave/oven unit which is also attached to the wall.

There is a space above the cupboard, so I have been able to reach over and re-attach the back of the cupboard right at the top, but I don't know how to go about attaching further down.

The back board is attached with pins so needs to be pushed in from behind.

I have attached some photos to show what I mean.

Does anyone have any ideas how I could solve this? Any advice appreciated!
Attachments
Photo 3
Photo 3
Photo 2
Photo 2
Photo 1
Photo 1

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Trouble re-attaching back of kitchen cupboard

by stoneyboy » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:44 am

Hi 03carrd
All kitchen units are stand alone boxes so if you remove fixings you should be able to slide the unit out.
Your alternative is to get the back out completely (it will be fiddly) cut the back down in size so it fits inside the cupboard, fit battens screwed around the back of the cupboard and refit the panel.
Regards S.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:05 pm