All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
siwilks
Labourer
Labourer

Trying to find a bespoke toilet seat hinge washer/collar

by siwilks » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:26 am

Hi there,

Just hoping someone might be familiar with the particular toilet manufacturer concerned as I'm struggling to find a part I need.

I've recently moved house and have got a really wobbly toilet seat. It seems to be bespoke to the shape of the toilet, and so presumably came with the toilet - neither it nor the toilet have any branding but seem fairly new.

I've removed the seat and it has a hinge involving a plastic (nylon?) shaft on each side, which passes form the hinge fixing, through the seat and into a hole in the seat cover. Each of the two shafts is slightly different and the holes in the other parts different to match. Basically the shafts have a protrusion on the sides (on one shaft it is just one end, and on the other it is along the middle) and the seat/cover are slotted or not to fit. So on one side, the shaft has no protrusion and enters a hole in the toilet seat cover - this hole is considerably larger than the shaft's diameter, hence the wobbliness. So I suspect there is a collar which should fit over the shaft and tighten the hole.

I've tried googling with no success, so just wondered if anyone knows which manufacturer would have made the toilet/seat, so I can attempt to get a spare.

Thanks very much!

PS. I'll try and get a photo of it tonight, as that would no doubt be much clearer than my description!

welshboybob
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Trying to find a bespoke toilet seat hinge washer/collar

by welshboybob » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:50 pm

Hello, I am in a similar position, sorry I can not answer your question but how do I post my own question on this site ?

I have a Galassia Jota toilet with seat that has come loose. How do I tighten it ? Is there a special key that I can buy ? welshboybob

siwilks
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Trying to find a bespoke toilet seat hinge washer/collar

by siwilks » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi welshyboybob,

This link should do the trick for posting a new topic: [url]https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/forums/posting.php?mode=post&f=181[/url].

I don't know if this will help your situation, but I managed to fix mine by cutting a short length of PVC tubing and using it as a collar.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 am