Tumle Drier Venting
Information and advice on lofts and loft conversions. Find solutions and post your questions here...

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
eds
Labourer
Labourer

Tumle Drier Venting

by eds » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi all,

I have nearly finished my loft conversion and have a couple of questions

At the top of the new stairs there is a small landing and a small cupbard built into the sloping roof. I am planing on putting a tumble drier in the cupboard and venting it out through the roof. Is there any problems with this? It is not on the orginal plans, will the building inspector kick off?

Secondly we have also installed a shower room with a dormer window. the building inspector wants the soil vent pipe to be 900mm above the dormer window. This would look odd as the vent will be higher than the roof line. has anyone uses an AIR ADMITTANCE VALVE? I was thinking of putting one in so the soil vent pipe can remain where it is below the window of the dormer

Thanks in advance

Ed

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Tumle Drier Venting

by welsh brickie » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:18 am

the tumble drier vent wont be a problem.
The soil vent pipe can be terminated in the room itself by intstalling a dergo valve which allows air in but prevents air out.
But this will have to be consulted with the Building inspector before hand.

eds
Labourer
Labourer

by eds » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:21 pm

My BCO will not let me fit an AAV unless there is normal soil vent pipe on the building as well. Whats the point of them? I've got to extend my soil pipe above my window by 900mm that means above the roof line!

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by welsh brickie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:46 pm

well if the BI insists on the vent pipe Im afraid you will have to comply,The reason for the vent pipe to be so high, is it has to pass at least 1m above any window opening. As the methane gas, which is explosive, will not be able to enter the building and disperse harmlessly into the air.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:47 am