Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
chriswood
Labourer
Labourer

turning a batroom into a bedroom

by chriswood » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:02 pm

Hi needing some good advise

I live in a modern end terrace house to describe it looking at the front of the house i have a garrage at the bottom then living room window then at the top on the left hand side small bedroom and on the right hand side the bathroom, from the rear left hand side back main door right hand side kitchen window next up bedroom window hope this give you an idea.

We are thinking off turning the upstairs bathroom into a bedroom as we have a young girl and young boy and not enough bedrooms for all off us.
We cant move due to the current finacial nightmare and are pretty much stuck with what we have.

i have been thinking long and hard about this one and was thinking could i place another small room in our main bedroom as you would walk into our bedroom place the stud wall on the lleft hand side to make another small room to place a toilet and small sink in. is this a possiblility as the main fall pipe is in the left hand corner of the bathroom this would mean a pipe having to rung along the floor boards from pretty much the middle left hand side of the house to the corner is this a no no or a possibility.

we cant really convert the loft as its tiny and we want to put the kitchen downstairs in the garrage and a bathroom suite in there too but still have a usable toilet upstairs.

in short we have a two bedroomed house and need three bedrooms.

Regards chris

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:53 pm

chriswood,
If you can get a fall on the pipe you'll be OK, otherwise its macerator time!
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:32 am