Turning a double garage into a pool room
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gooleboy
Labourer
Labourer

Turning a double garage into a pool room

by gooleboy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:19 pm

Hi All
New to here and could really do with some help, i've got a new house with a detatched double garage which i want to turn into a pool room, the garage is made of brick outside with breeze block internally and a concrete floor and tiled roof.
1- Do i need to board it out( the wife wants it boarding out but i'm not bothered cos i want it as my room with my pool table lol) or is there some way of just painting the breeze blocks?
2- Im putting a wooden floor down, do i need anything under it apart from the foil cushion lining?
3-There is a double electrical socket already in there, i'm planning on having a tv, a fridge and a heater in there would a double adaptor do or do you recommend a further socket.

Hopefully someone can help with the answers and thanks in advance

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:01 pm

gooleboy,
is there some way of just painting the breeze blocks - paint with emulsion paint
do i need anything under it apart from the foil cushion lining - use an underlay which will form a damp-proof barrier
There is a double electrical socket already in there - you need to get this checked out but if the circuit and fuse are rated high enough stick with plug-in accessories.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:43 am