twin walled flues
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

AdamsHeating
Ganger
Ganger

twin walled flues

by AdamsHeating » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:45 pm

Hello gent's, long time no post!

I have a favour to ask of you all ( well all you GSR gas fitters that is ;)!!!304486)

it goes a little like this:

I am quoting on my first ever twin walled flue installation and I haven't got a blinking clue on prices, time, labour etc and would really appreciate some guidance.

The information: I will be looking to take the flue out of the living room at 45degs into the garage then out through the garage roof. Total height to garage roof is about 3 metres so I'd imagine i'll need about 5 metres to satisfy the distances about roof level. I know I need clips, flashing, wall supports, sleeves... the list is endless and I am imagining that the prices is too, with toolstation asking for 240 notes for an inspection hatch... The appliance is a Stovax gas stove, help!

I have addressed the corgi book and should I be working out the equivalent flue lengths on this job or what? As it is also my first proper chimney/flue install what happens regarding the regs as the corgi book is quite vague on these things and the BS is freaking me out.

Thanks for the help and peace out!

Stu

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 pm