twinning heating systems, gas/solid fuel
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

stevenowen123
Labourer
Labourer

twinning heating systems, gas/solid fuel

by stevenowen123 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi I am a plumber and heating engineer/drainage engineer, my business is Dial A Rod, and now a day’s only do my own plumbing, as concentrate on clearing drains.

I have a system boiler wouster Bosch high flow 400, open vented, and I intend to add a solid fuel stove boiler in to the system.

I will stick a cylinder in the attic, 28mm pipe from boiler to cylinder, gravity fed, tee off flow at cylinder and vent to cold water tank, stick a pipe stat on flow wired to pump side to come on if flow reaches 90degrees, the 22mm pumped side to existing central heating,

will I have to do anything else on the pumped side , obviously I only intend to use one system at a time, gas in summer and solid fuel in winter, just want to keep system simple, but not sure if the system boiler will need to be isolated as it will have

The existing feed and expansion pipe connects in to the gas boiler direct, so might need to tee in another feed and expansion direct in to the flow and return pipe work.

I think when the gas boiler is off it will isolate itself, in the sense that the pumped solid fuel system will not circulate round the gas boiler.

Require help and info from experienced plumbers who have done such work just to check I have not missed anything, or can give me a bit help.

Regards Steve