Two or Three Wires for Connecting up new Shower Unit
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bigboymumbles77
Labourer
Labourer

Two or Three Wires for Connecting up new Shower Unit

by Bigboymumbles77 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:32 pm

Hi Folks,

Hope you can help me. I have recently fitted a shower in the mother in laws house because I was sick and tired of her coming around to our house and using our walk in shower just because she's overweight and cant fit in her bath, coming around using all my towels and shower gel whilst moaning how hungry she is chomping through all my kids biscuits.

Anyway I have used an old rubberised black cable that I found in her loft space and threw it across the rafters down to the customer unit and whacked it into the only port that was availiable in the switchy board thing. It only has 2 cores and my mate reckons it should have a green one too, making it three cores, ( i think its incase the house gets stuck by lightning - been 40yrs and not happened yet :)

The question is do I really need an extra core, my other mate said I could get her to wear a shower cap wellies in the shower.

And also what is the point of putting an extra switch next to the shower to turn it on and off when theres a perfectly good one in the Customer box/Unit??

I dont really want to spend any more money (already cost me £7 for an insulated screwdriver because she was worried about her beloved food in the freezer and didnt want me to switch of the power when i was connecting it up)

Any help would be great, just to shut my mate Josh up :

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Two or Three Wires for Connecting up new Shower Unit

by Mr White » Thu May 23, 2019 5:54 pm

This has to be a wind up.

If it not, you need to get an electrician to do the job properly as there is a high risk of death and or Fire, both of which will see you in court.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:21 am