Type of water system in my house
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Kwokalock
Labourer
Labourer

Type of water system in my house

by Kwokalock » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:39 pm

hi.......just moved into a new house and I'm hoping to fit a new power shower to the bathroom. However, I've read that power showers are not suitable for all types of water systems and I'm currently struggling to identify what system I have.

In the airing cupboard, there is an "Accolade" cylinder and it's model no. : A144D

On the cylinder, there is a "Hot supply to taps" label at the top of one of the pipes and there is also a "Cold in from Mains" at the top of another pipe.

Would anyone know what this is and would I be able to fit a power shower to the bathroom?

Your help would be appreciated. Thx

speedygonzarlis
Tradesman
Tradesman

by speedygonzarlis » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:54 pm

this is an unvented hot water cylinder, which in laymans terms means you have mains pressure hot water, you cannot add a pump to this system, you just need a shower mixer for a high pressure system, go to your local plumbers merchants and tell them you want a good quality shower mixer thats compatible with an unvented cylinder

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:57 pm

Its an unvented cylinder made by Gledhill. An unvented system means your water supply is mains and you MAY NOT pump mains so you cannot fit a power shower. Unless, of course by "power shower" you mean an electric shower which requires cold water at mains pressure so you will be OK.

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 pm