All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bibika
Labourer
Labourer

Undefloor heating question

Post by Bibika » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm thinking of installing underfloor heating using some electric underfloor heating elements i found recommendations for online. I read this is quite efficient in electricity savings. But is this method dangerous in some way, what if the pipes break or something. Any issues you have experienced with this kind of heating? I'm no an expert and i'm a bit concerned.
Thanks,
Bibi

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Undefloor heating question

Post by stoneyboy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:57 pm

Bibika,
If you are going to heat a room using electricity is probably the most efficient way, ie most of the electricity goes into heating room. It is not going to be the most economic way - for the main part of the day when you need heat you will be using full price electricity.
If electricity is your only choice then a fan heater will be more effective - the heat is instant, compare this with underfloor heating where you will probably need to have it on for about an hour before you feel any effect.
Broken heating elements can be a problem and will probably mean replacement.
Safety should not be a problem with a modern electrical installation.
end

Bibika
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Bibika » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:17 am

Thanks for the reply, so underfloor heating maybe used as just an addition to some other way of heating and it's not the most cost effective way. Good to know thanks.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:51 pm

If you have a wet heating system why don't you install underfloor heating off your existing boiler?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:19 pm