Under Tile Heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DannyVandal
Labourer
Labourer

Under Tile Heating

Post by DannyVandal » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:35 pm

I'm thinking about buying an undertile heating system for my kitchen. The kitchen has a concrete floor so gets very cold, the tiles I intend to lay over it are porcelain so they will not insulate very well! I have seen a few underfloor heating kits for sale but the prices vary wildly, does anyone have any tips to what to watch out for when undertaking a project such as this or any reputable sellers or brands that I can go to to buy the kit, after all if it goes wrong I'm not likely to dig up the floor and start again! Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance for any given,

Danny Vandal

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:59 pm

DannyVandal,
Screwfix sell complete kits the only problem is predicting what length of cable you need. Make sure you get one with an integral earth covering.
end
thedoctor is right, take his advice and have a look at underfloor heating - it's even got pictures to show you how to install.
end
Last edited by stoneyboy on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:15 pm

See the DIY Project section for underfloor heating (electric) this company were one of the veryt first to sell kits and they have been around for a long time. They are reliable and the kits are good.

DannyVandal
Labourer
Labourer

Post by DannyVandal » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:49 pm

OK, thanks for your advice, I'll check it out.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:05 pm

Also checkout projects building regs Part-P as electric underfloor heating is a 'controlled service'

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1