Underfloor Heating DWS800 with X-STAT
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DarthDIY
Labourer
Labourer

Underfloor Heating DWS800 with X-STAT

by DarthDIY » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:52 pm

New to the forum, so big hello to everyone here :)

Just purchased a DWS800 underfloor heating kit with an XSTAT controller.

I have some questions regarding the XSTAT connections wich I am hoping someone will be able to shed some light on for me. I have basic instructions with it, but just wanted to see if anyone else here has fitted one and can offer any better advice for connecting it up.

(1) I am planning on taking the supply from the ring main into a 13A switch plate, then up to the xstat from there. Am I correct in using 2.5 mains twin and earth from the switch plate to the xstat ?

(2) On the connection side of the xstat there are 8 terminals and I want to make sure that I connect everything in the correct place. Including the mains supply cable, there will be a 2 core heating wire and also a 2 core floor sensor to connect.

The connections are as follows:

1: L - 230VAC/50Hz
2: N - 230VAC/50Hz
3: N - MAX LOAD 3600W/16A
4: L - MAX LOAD 3600W/16A
5: EXT ( Apparently not used )
6: Sensor 2
7: Sensor 2 & Sensor 1
8: Sensor 1

I have spoken the people at warmup who advised on the 13A switchplate, but would not tell me which connections go where for everything else.

I am guessing supply to terminals 1&2, the heating wires to 3&4 and sensor to 7&8 ( not sure which way around )

Also do I need to earth the supply coming up to the stat from the 13A switch plate ? I will be using a 35mm drylining plastic drylining box for the 13A plate.

Sorry its lengthy, just wanted to give as much info as possible.

Cheers

Darth

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:20 pm

hi Darth, underfloor heating is a controlled service so should be done by reg. Part P leckie! & it says so in your installation book page 2.
The stat must be outside any bathroom zones if heating bathroom, either way it should be supplied by an RCD fused connection unit, the mat cable is screened and the screen MUST be connected to the supply circuits earth by law.
The instructions show 2 sensors but I would agree 7/8 seem to be right, & as sensor is NTC thermocouple connection polarity should not matter,
their instructions are not good but they do have a help line for your leckie, regards SPARX

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:52 pm