DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Underfloor insulation

Postby Escos » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:43 pm


I have thinking about insulating between the floor joists on the groundfloor. Which would be the best insulation to use. I dont know whether to use expanded polystyrene sheets or Kingspan tf70. Can the normal Kingspan phelonic insulation sheets be used to insulate between floor joists.? I ask this because the tf70 boards have a urethane core.
I dont know the differences between the two and hope someone could shed a little light on the subject.

In terms of thicknesses i was thinking of either 200mm of polystyrene or 100mm of kingspan.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:05 pm


Simply Build It

Postby TheDoctor4 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:19 pm

If you would like to find a reliable, insured and vetted tradesman in your area why not click through to the Find a Tradesman area of DIY Doctor: , complete the form and receive up to 5 FREE quotes
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 16777215
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Somerset in the UK in Shepton mallet

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics