Undersink Water Heaters
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Archie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Undersink Water Heaters

by Archie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:50 pm

I want to install a undersink water heater to suply the sink in the kitchen and the basin in the bathroom. Will I need 2 seperate heaters or will 1 be enough, and whats easy to install and is a good make.

Kind Regards

Archie

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:18 pm

There are various sizes of electrical water heaters that can be mounted under kitchen units and will store sufficient water to supply two sinks. They are relatively easy to install, and can be found by a web search, or a visit your local plumber's merchant.

Mac-the-Wrench
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Undersink Water Heaters

by Mac-the-Wrench » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:00 am

[quote="Archie"]I want to install a undersink water heater to suply the sink in the kitchen and the basin in the bathroom. Will I need 2 seperate heaters or will 1 be enough, and whats easy to install and is a good make.

Kind Regards

Archie[/quote]

Go for an unvented mains pressure unit around 15L capacity, they are heated electrically and operate at the same mains pressure as the incoming cold water supply (roughly 3 bar) so they provide a decent hot water flow rate.

They can be used to supply more than one sink using conventional taps but might need additional accessories depending on the installation. Unvented storage heaters above 15L capacity are normally supplied with accessories but tend to be for commercial use.

The Aquapoint III is a decent model; I've fitted a few of those, and never had a complaint. Just make sure you get a sparky to do the electrics for you, because it could void your insurance if you had a fire and your house burned down. :cry:

Mac

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:53 pm