Unexplained Damp Patch Spreading From Ceiling Down Wall in Upstairs Bedroom
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Pansypots
Labourer
Labourer

Unexplained Damp Patch Spreading From Ceiling Down Wall in Upstairs Bedroom

by Pansypots » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:30 am

Hi

Hope someone can help with this! We have a damp patch that is slowly spreading from our ceiling and down the wall in an upstairs bedroom. The wall/ ceiling dont feel damp. (Can't add picture as the file is apparently too big and I only have an iPad).

We had a new roof in June and new plaster / damp proof in June last year. Yesterday I had a guy come look at the guttering / facias and soffits. He said he "it's a weird one" and couldn't dfinately pinpoint the problem was but that some of our fascia and soffit was rotten and it could be that.

I don't want to throw any more money at this without knowing what's going on. The patch started very small and has grown in size over the past couple of years. It has to be solved but I'm really at a loss at what to look at next. There's no pipes in that area and the damp remains and grows even in the driest of weathers. It's doing my nut!!

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Unexplained Damp Patch Spreading From Ceiling Down Wall in Upstairs Bedroom

by welsh brickie » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:01 pm

it could be insulation close to the eaves, or it could be blocking ventilation to that area, causing condensation

Pine_99
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Pine_99 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:55 pm

What's the ventilation like in that room?

Pine_99
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Pine_99 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:57 pm

Also, if you want to attach a photo of the problem using your iPad, you could try taking a screenshot of the photo. It will be a much smaller file size.

:)

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:47 pm