Unknown Damp Problem In Bedrooms and Living Room in End Terrace House
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
LEEDRAY3
Labourer
Labourer

Unknown Damp Problem In Bedrooms and Living Room in End Terrace House

by LEEDRAY3 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:00 pm

Please help me!
I live in an end of terrace house. I have had damp issues in loft bedroom, our bedroom and living room. The damp problem is all down the same side wall. We have stripped back to bare bricks in all the rooms and saw no sign of wetness. We left the walls exposed for weeks, and because there was no sign of dampness ,we had them replastered.

We painted the walls a few wks after. The paint never settled and I have had to strip the paint all off in all rooms. Also, had lots of efflorescence come through. We have a dehumidifier on most days
WP_20160125_13_34_27_Pro.jpg

The house exterior has weathershield on and I also have new guttering. I have been told the problem is not condensation.

I have sent a pic. This view is from me taking a pic looking out of the velux window. There looks like dampness on that moss patch. Does this look like this could be the issue?

House is west facing and built in 1880s. I've ran out of ideas now.

Cheers

Jarek
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Unknown Damp Problem In Bedrooms and Living Room in End Terrace House

by Jarek » Wed May 11, 2016 12:43 am

Hello
I think it might be either water flooding your walls from outside or salt contamination. Try to fix problem outside. There must be something wrong with lead.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:54 pm