Unusual Plumbing Project - How do I fill a ground tank from several higher tanks?
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
FensterJourneyman
Labourer
Labourer

Unusual Plumbing Project - How do I fill a ground tank from several higher tanks?

by FensterJourneyman » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:08 pm

Hello! I'll update this with real photographs when my project is set up.
I have a plumbing project. I don't know much about plumbing - so forgive and assume total ignorance.

I have a 22 Litre Tank on the ground. At a higher elevation I have six 25 Litre tanks filled with water. I want for the 22L ground tank to fill with water from the tanks above. I think this is called gravity flow. I know I can take six hoses and turn them into siphons.

How though - do I prevent the 22L ground tank from overflowing. This sounds like a place to put a valve. How would you solve this problem?

Context - the ground tank will be regularly filled and emptied from the elevated tanks. It can start empty or full of water. The elevated tanks are taken away to be filled and placed back regularly too. If the solution had a way to have the siphones start automatically without six mouthfuls of water that would be great.

FensterJourneyman
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Unusual Plumbing Project - How do I fill a ground tank from several higher tanks?

by FensterJourneyman » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:23 pm

I discovered the jiggle siphon so that solves one problem - still doing research on what kind of fill valve - suggestions appreciated.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:18 am