DIY Doctor

Unusual shower waste totally blocked

Postby bellspaws » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:08 pm

My shower is completely blocked. The shower waste is as in the photo attached. I can't find anything similar to it online. The shower and all accessories, including the shower waste were bought from Victoria Plum 2 yrs ago, and installed by a local company. Unknown to me at the time they didn't use the shower waste that came from VP but used this very unusual waste. Now it it totally blocked and there seem no way to unblock it. Any ideas at all what type of waste it is and how best to unblock it? Thanks in advance
bellspaws
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:28 pm

Hi bellspaws
Sorry there is no picture so cannot advise.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Postby bellspaws » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:37 pm

I wasn't able to upload them earlier, hopefully this will work this time, fingers crossed
Attachments
DSC00748 (2).JPG
DSC00751 (2).JPG
bellspaws
Progress to next rank:
50%

Postby bellspaws » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:40 pm

I hope these photos are viewable, i wasn't able to upload any earlier. Fingers crossed, many
DSC00748 (2).JPG
thanks
Attachments
DSC00751 (2).JPG
bellspaws
Progress to next rank:
50%

Postby stoneyboy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:37 pm

Hi bellspaws
That’s a wierd one, suggest you take a piece of garden wire, bend a small hook on one end and have a root around in the trap.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Postby dickonS(2) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:42 pm

We have two wastes identical to yours. They were fitted by subcontractors to Bellway in early 2014. They have never blocked but we do take the precaution of periodically using industrial cleaning agents. Our neighbour at a previous property had a completely blocked waste from a hand wash basin that had been expensively tiled- completely enclosed. Brown malt vinegar and baking powder left overnight did the trick.
(If it is any help the sanitary ware in the bathrooms in question is by Roca.)
D2
dickonS(2)
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!