upgrade of combi boiler
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
chocco
Apprentice
Apprentice

upgrade of combi boiler

Post by chocco » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:40 pm

i have recently built large loft conversion/back and side extensions on my 2 bed bungalow turning into a 4 bed with bigger kitchen and back room
i have a vaillant ecomax 824 combi boiler although it seems to be working ok i havenot connected new bathroom to it yet i have been told if i upgrade boiler a 33kw boiler would be suffient i was going to use a baxi platinum 33he would this be ok or should i get even bigger
thanks dave

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

Post by peter the plumber » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:26 pm

I like the baxi platinum range of boilers; there one of the better’s type of boiler to install.

The size depends on how big your home is and how much hot waters you need.

Make sure you installer takes the time to size it and tell him about your plans for the house.

If you were thinking about adding more radiators later on, a bigger boiler would be a wise move.

But the output of the vaillant combi 824 is only 23Kw compared with baix which is 33Kw.

So you are getting about a 1/3 more power, which should deal with further needs.

chocco
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by chocco » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:09 pm

[quote="peter the plumber"]I like the baxi platinum range of boilers; there one of the better’s type of boiler to install.

The size depends on how big your home is and how much hot waters you need.

Make sure you installer takes the time to size it and tell him about your plans for the house.

If you were thinking about adding more radiators later on, a bigger boiler would be a wise move.

But the output of the vaillant combi 824 is only 23Kw compared with baix which is 33Kw.

So you are getting about a 1/3 more power, which should deal with further needs.[/quote][quote]thanks for the info i am going to get it measured before i buy the boiler
regards dave[/quote]

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:49 am