DIY Doctor

UPVC DOORS

Postby Housediy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:20 pm

Please help,
I have been trying to stop the draft from my Uvpc double doors on the south facing garden. It's really windy on the back and so i can't help but get drafts because of the doors.
I have tried new rubber strip gaskets, adding foam strips on top of the gaskets to seal the evident gap and even tried adjusting the hinges... Its still there... The gap and draft... Any ideas please?
Thank you
Housediy
Progress to next rank:
19.2%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:01 am

Hi housediy
Always a problem getting the right seals with older doors.
Try using stormguard brush nylon adhesive seal for garage doors but clean the surface where it will be stuck with an aggressive solvent eg cellulose thinners before you try to stick it in place.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Postby Housediy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:44 pm

The 3rd picture shows the screw i turned to alter the compression. it appears that the centre bit which attaches to the other door there is slight give...maybe from temperature changes maybe?

hope you can help

thanks guys

ian
Housediy
Progress to next rank:
19.2%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!