UPVC Fascia and Soffits
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ianflying
Labourer
Labourer

UPVC Fascia and Soffits

Post by ianflying » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:50 pm

Hi

I am planning on replacing our existing fascia and soffits with UPVC from B&Q (They seem reasonable ??????). Could anyone tell me how to install, should I remove the existing wood fascia and soffits (that are in good condition) or attach the UPVC over the wood.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards

Ian

DUDE DIY
Ganger
Ganger

Post by DUDE DIY » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:34 pm

Its not an area I know a lot in but i would shop around rather than buy direct from B&Q you will no doubt find a better product and a better price which is always nice. Good luck

LCL
Ganger
Ganger

Post by LCL » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:08 pm

ianflying

Strongly recommend removing the timberwork. If moisture gets behind the fascias and soffits which is very likely it may not be able to drain away and will then rot your timber work. If concealed from view this can spread and also rot your rafter feet and possibly wall plate too. Sounds excessive, but i have seen it happen on several occasions.

Also remember to provide ventilation to the new soffits. This will help to create a flow of fresh air through your roof which will keep condensation at bay.

Hope this helps

LCL

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:40 pm