UPVC Fire Door
information and advice on general building topics, builders merchants, problem builders, DIY Stores etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sunnysolar
Labourer
Labourer

UPVC Fire Door

by sunnysolar » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:46 am

My local planning officer has specified that we have an exterior FD60-rated fire door on my extension which is about to be built. I [b]was[/b] hoping to have uPVC doors and windows all-round.

I have managed to find some uPVC fire doors on the internet with a lower fire-rating. Has anyone ever come across any FD60 uPVC doors, or am I going to have to go for a wood or metal door?

watcha
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: UPVC Fire Door

by watcha » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:55 pm

[quote="sunnysolar"]My local planning officer has specified that we have an exterior FD60-rated fire door on my extension which is about to be built. I [b]was[/b] hoping to have uPVC doors and windows all-round.

I have managed to find some uPVC fire doors on the internet with a lower fire-rating. Has anyone ever come across any FD60 uPVC doors, or am I going to have to go for a wood or metal door?[/quote]

Hi... I just did a little surfing and found a traditional door, albeit wood fire door may be clad in UPVC to conform to FD60... Google:

"humphreystretton.com/index.asp?id=77&query=3"

There are different styles to choose from... Hope this helps.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:58 pm