UPVC French Door Adjustment Assistance
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Watson306
Labourer
Labourer

UPVC French Door Adjustment Assistance

by Watson306 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:51 pm

Hi Guys,
Last year I replaced a lock in my french doors (Maco 35mm Backset Old Style Case), but since I replaced the lock the door will not lock.
If the door is open and I pull the handles up it will lock fine so its not the new mechanism, but when closed the handle will not pull up far enough to allow the door to lock.
I have tried adjusting the door hinges etc, and at one point had it in a much worse position before I got the hang of how it worked, but i'm now pretty much back to where it was and have even taken all the hardware catches off of the closed door to see if it is that but it still wont lock even without the catches off - so ive got to the point where I dont really know where to go with it and was hoping someone might know a bit more than me.
I'm happy to take photos of anything that might help to explain the problem or the manufacturer of the locks/adjustments etc.

Many Thanks in advance

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: UPVC French Door Adjustment Assistance

by stoneyboy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:31 pm

Hi watson306,
I’m assuming you have the multipoint locking mechanism so it is a matter of adjustment so that every lock point works freely. You may even need to cut out the recesses deeper so the hook bolts have adequate clearance. Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:25 am