uPVC sash windows for a hulk of a house!
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lauraoakley
Labourer
Labourer

uPVC sash windows for a hulk of a house!

by lauraoakley » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:58 pm

Hi folks
I know this is a long shot but I was hoping for some advice please. I'm in the process of buying a big house in Scarborough to redevelop. It's in a conservation area and needs replacement sash windows throughout (after delving into planning consents it transpires uPVC sash will be fine, phew). It is a big old Georgian house over 3 floors and humongous bay windows at the front, each with 6 windows. We estimate that there are 34 windows in total, c. 26 large and 8 small. We're still going through conveyancing at the mo but are working on our budget and want a decent estimate of how much it's going to cost us to replace all the windows, inc. fitting, scaffolding etc. Anyone want to throw a number out there! Don't worry, I know it's going to cost a small fortune!!!!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: uPVC sash windows for a hulk of a house!

by stoneyboy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:54 pm

Hi lauraoakley,
You are probably looking at £50k-£70k but there may be additional work involved in making the bays structurally sound.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:07 pm