uPVC Window - not sealing
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
yydelilah
Apprentice
Apprentice

uPVC Window - not sealing

by yydelilah » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:52 pm

Hi - I've got a problem with one of my upstairs uPVC windows. When I close the window it seals all round except along the bottom corner on the hinged side (rhs). There is a (tapering) 5mm gap along the bottom rail for most of it's width and a similar gap along the rhs vertical rail. It lets in a lot of cold air of course. I've checked the rubber seals and they seem OK.

I've had the windows for about 9 years. Is this problem down to bad installation or just wear & tear?

Any ideas on how to fix it?

thanks..
:(

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:24 pm

yydelilah,
Lubricate the hinges, loosen the screws holding the offending hinge and move inwards, tighten the screws.
end

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:44 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

yydelilah
Apprentice
Apprentice

by yydelilah » Tue May 05, 2009 4:11 pm

Hi - sorry for the delay in replying. Been away.
There is no adjustment on the hinges otherwise I would have done that by now.
The hinges are a snug fit secured in longitudinal channels in the uPVC frames (inner & outer).
Any other ideas out there?

Thanks.. :?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:46 pm