Urgent help with ceiling rose
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
antheawad
Labourer
Labourer

Urgent help with ceiling rose

Post by antheawad » Thu May 31, 2007 7:46 pm

Hi there

Urgent help needed, as the switch wires weren't labelled, and now they are mixed up.

I have one light with 2 switches and needed to replace ceiling rose. Therefore 4 of each wire, live earth and neutral.

Am I right in thinking that all 4 red live go into 'loom'?

How can I identify which black wires relate to the switches, and then do i wire both black switch wires to the neutral connection?

Please help?

Thanks

antheawad
Labourer
Labourer

Post by antheawad » Thu May 31, 2007 8:28 pm

sorry i didnt mean neutral, i meant the switch connector...

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:27 pm

Hi,
As I said to another 'poster' wish i had £1.00 every time this happens!
you are right about L's if only 1 light on this sw. they go together in spare term block not to light.
Need to find which black comes from sw. (it should have been marked as Red) If you look at the four blacks one may have been doubled over, 3 would have been together in N.term of light, the odd one on it's own in the L term
I am assuming light is 2 way switche. & if so at one sw. there will be a 3core/E & at other a 3 core+ a 2core/e the 2 core & e will be the black you need to identify at your light as the sw. L to it. you need to test between sw. black at sw. & each blk @ light to locate it.
regards SPARX

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:37 am